Looking for art based workshops? Or a practicing artist to demonstrate their practice or talk to your event visitors?
I am happy to act as resident artist for the day at your event/gallery/library or other venue. I can bring my own materials and set up in a given space, working independently to a simple theme, or to an outline that includes visitors in some interaction. All the while speaking to your visitors about process and creative practice.
You can find me at events like these:
- Sat/Sun 23rd/24th June 2018 – The Big Malarkey – “The Drawing Room”
- Sat/Sun 21st/22nd July 2018 – HIP Art Market – “Live Art/Drawing and Art Print Sales”
- Saturday August 4th 2018 – Humber Street Sesh – “Live Art”
- November 2018 – February 2019 – @Quayside 24 – “Live Art/Drawing and Art Print Sales.
- May 2019 – KAPOW! – a two day workshop on making your own comics – in conjunction with a great exhibition of comic art including the work of Dean Ormston and Fiona Stephenson.
I also teach, lecture and run workshops on:
- An intro to Drawing Fundamentals for Entertainment Media
- Making Comics
- Make your own Mini-Comics & Zines (6wk 1 seesion per week course via The Feral Art School).
- An intro to Concept Art for Entertainment Media
- Visual Development for Entertainment Media
- Character Design
- Designing Props & Objects
- Developing Environment Design
- Games Design (From Board Games to Digital)
As well as my industry experience as a designer/creative across a range of markets and sectors, I have also taught Art & Design subjects from Level 2 in FE through to level 7 on a Masters Degree, as well as appearing at a range of informal education days at cultural events at libraries, museums, galleries and outdoor events and festivals.
I have written and prepared Degree courses for validation, sat as an external panel members for validation boards as well as acting as external assessor, all at university level.
My full Education CV can be found here (including my current qualifications).
- Feral Art School
- Free RobotVmonsteR Online Resources / Tutorials etc