A series of predominantly monochrome artworks depicting Retro/Future/1930’s Cityscapes and Industrial Landscapes that feature “Genre” details such as Superheroes and Super Villains (all original/artist owned IPs), Rocket-ships, and of course, Robots and Monsters.
These works come in several formats:
- Cinematic/Widescreen – format code CW
- Comics Splash Page/Cover Art – format code SP
- Square/Near-square format. format code SQ / NSq
- “Tenebrae” – CW – Available!
- “No Pasaran” – CW – COMING SOON!
- “Something On The Tracks” – CW – COMING SOON!
- Perun and The Robot – SP – COMING SOON!
Each artwork is available in the following editions:
For the collector –
- Artist’s Original – The original finished physical art work from which all Reproductions are taken.
The original artwork starts its journey as a series of sketches, and drawings that are then scanned and worked over digitally, using custom digital brushes (created using my own mark making and photography) and digital painting techniques similar to that used by concept artists for contemporary film and games development. This “Digital Under-Painting” then becomes a base* for the final image which is printed out as a high quality Giclee edition on quality paper (or canvas dependant on the image). This under-painting is then embellished with further drawing, paint and other techniques to create a truly unique and durable original artwork.
This original is then photographed for archival and digital reproduction purposes** and only then signed by the artist and stamped for authenticity and framed.
Every original piece of art comes with a certificate of provenance and a small process booklet that shows the creative process from initial thumbnail sketches to finished work.
*Much like the digital blue line pencils created by comic artists that they then print out and ink over traditionally.
** Reproductions of the original may be produced as large format, short run limited edition Giclee prints (see below), plus in some editions as an unsigned open edition poster quality print run at slightly smaller size on quality paper/card.
Occasionally a significantly larger format version of the original will be made as a one-off embellished artefact for larger venues.
The artist would like to make it clear that original works may well be reproduced as part of a retrospective collection in book form at a future date.
- Limited Run, Artist Embellished Giclee Print – rarely more than 25/50 – All Signed and Edition Numbered (plus artist stamped) and inclusive of Provenance Certificate – Available framed or unframed. At actual size. (Sometimes available as smaller reproductions also).
Each Limited Run (limited edition) print is a faithful reproduction of the original finished physical art as described above, scanned, colour/tone and detail checked and reproduced on high quality acid free paper using light fast inks as per the Giclee process.
These reproductions are numbered on the front below the image or on the back, and they are stamped and come with a certificate of authenticity.
The Artist Embellished prints are produced in the same way, but have unique elements or details added to create an semi-original artwork, these are signed, titled, dated and edition numbered in pencil below the artwork, and stamped for authenticity, and a provenance certificate supplied as above. Available framed, or unframed simply as the print at the collector’s request. Each artist embellished Print states clearly below the print Embellished Giclee, and includes additional materials used pen/ink/pencil/acrylics etc.
- Significantly Oversized, One-off Display Prints – featuring custom additions will be considered upon request.
Ideal for Bars, Hotels, Businesses, Lobbies or Office walls, these would be special commissions, with the digitally scanned or photographed artwork (used to create the limited edition Giclee prints discussed above) as a base to create a unique oversize/mural artworks designed and scaled for a given venue. These one-off pieces can be augmented and added to, to create a truly bespoke and unique feature for your venue. Let’s talk about it.
…and for the casual buyer on a budget –
- Unlimited Run (Open Edition) Convention “Poster” Editions – Slightly smaller scale reproductions available at conventions and art fairs, and in selected galleries and stores or available from the artist’s website.
These unlimited reproductions are available unframed and un-mounted, are titled alongside the artists name (digitally) beneath the artwork. No edition number is provided, and the prints are unsigned. Signatures or personal messages are possible and happily provided if purchasing directly from the artist at a convention or art fair. A sticker of authenticity with contact details is provided on the back of any prints purchased from the artist directly.
- Oversize Postcard Edition – produced on Quality Paper/Card unframed. Available at conventions and art fairs, and in selected galleries and stores or available from the artist’s website.
Approx A3/A4 Prints on quality card, unframed, unsigned and with no edition number.
Signatures or personal messages are possible and happily provided if purchasing directly from the artist at a convention or art fair. A sticker of authenticity with contact details is also provided on the back of any prints purchased from the artist directly.